At Oxygem we value your privacy seriously. This page answers common questions about how Kanmail uses and stores your data. If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use Kanmail or interact with any other aspect of our business.
Highlights (the short version):
- Kanmail collects as little personal information as possible
- Oxygem & Kanmail complies with the requirements of GDPR
- Email contents, addresses and credentials are stored only on your devices, and are never transferred to our servers or third parties
Personal Data We Collect
Email information: In order to function, Kanmail accesses your name, email addresses, credentials, and email content. All of this information is stored on your device and is never transferred to our servers.
Device information: If analytics is enabled, we may analyze information about your devices you use to access Kanmail. This device information includes operating system, anonymized IP address, device info & identifiers, in-app events, and crash data. No personal information is included.
Information you provide through our support channels: If you contact support and need assistance we may ask for troubleshooting information that may contain personal data. Personal data and files sent as part of the support process are kept for no longer than six months.
Kanmail's use of information received from Gmail APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
When does Kanmail send data to Oxygem?
- Periodically to check for updates to Kanmail. This includes anonymous information about your computer, such as your operating system and your version of Kanmail. No personally identifying information is sent.
- To verify license information when provided. No personally identifiable information is sent.
What other entities does Kanmail use to process or store data?
- Stripe (website): If you purchase a Kanmai license then Stripe processes the payment and will collect and store information related to the payment.
- Plausible (website): used to collect usage information on our website. All data collected is anonymous and IP addresses are anonymized. If Do Not Track is enabled in your web browser then no information is collected. Usage information is for internal use only and is not shared with anyone else.
- Sentry (app): used to collect error and crash information from the Kanmail app. All data collected is anonymous and no personally identifiable information is stored. Errors and traces have all user information deleted before being uploaded to Sentry.
- PostHog (app): used to collect usage information in the Kanmail app. All data collected is anonymous and no personally identifiable information is stored.
If you have any further questions please contact us at: email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.